Adapters for plug-and-play interconnectivity
Fast and reliable system integration using interface models
Generally, the integration of functional capabilities from several independently developed systems is complex and time-consuming. Despite the fact that systems may fit in terms of their functional capabilities, technical connectivity is not trivial. Incompatibilities between external interfaces may include syntax and semantics of data, communication protocols or even physical layer connectivity. At software level, these incompatibilities can be addressed by developing custom adapters, also known as ‘mediators’ or ‘glue logic’.
New techniques have been developed that allow automatic generation of software adapters based on system interface models.
- Recognise different types of incompatibilities between systems to be integrated
- Develop reusable front-ends for concrete interface technologies
- Model the data and behaviour of the systems’ external interfaces
- Model what the integration needs to establish
- Automatically generate the full adapter